I'm Brandon, I head up the Product Team here at Neto and I want to share with you our vision, priorities and roadmap for the future of Neto.
Over the past few months we’ve announced and delivered a range of new integrations and product initiatives to make Neto more robust and easier to use, many of which were based on feedback and ideas submitted via our Ideas Portal.
Our focus for the coming months will be on marketplaces, inventory, point of sale and managed checkout, which you'll find more detail on below. Please be aware that whilst we are committed to delivering on our roadmap, priorities may change and features may be removed or added as we go.
Here's what's on the roadmap:
As you may know, our new Amazon Australia integration currently allows you to manage and fulfil Amazon Australia orders directly from your control panel—with the functionality set to expand over the coming months.
There are hundreds of Neto merchants already trading on Amazon Australia and we’ve received lots of great feedback and ideas from merchants using the integration, many of which are being included in upcoming releases.
Priorities for Amazon Australia are:
- Creating listings for products that already exist in the Amazon Australia catalogue. Easily list products to Amazon Australia with minimal configuration by matching unique product identifiers like the product's UPC.
- Creating listings for products that don't yet exist in the Amazon Australia catalogue. This is more complex, but will allow you to map the required fields in each relevant Amazon Australia category to product fields in your Neto control panel.
- Improving control over price synchronisation, including the ability to turn off price synchronisation (useful if you want to use a third party pricing automation tool) and the ability to control whether promotional pricing synchronises.
- Improving clarity of stock synchronisation.
We are strongly committed to expanding the robust and customisable Neto Marketplace engine which, as it matures, will allow us to quickly integrate with new marketplaces. Following on from the Amazon features outlined above, we’ll start to roll out our next marketplaces including Catch of the Day.
Our priority for eBay is adding "Buy Online Pickup In Store" and Business Policies to enable a seamless omni-channel experience.
Marketplaces will play a massive role in the future of online retail in Australia and Neto is well-positioned to help you leverage this. While this update only listed a few key features and a couple of upcoming marketplaces, we intend on taking this much further by both integrating with even more marketplaces and supporting even more features.
Neto Point of Sale (POS)
Neto POS is a key focus for the development team, and with the help of existing users we are working to prioritise our roadmap for new POS features and updates. In the meantime we are:
- Improving search within POS.
- Adding functionality to set up POS-only warehouses.
We are continuing to expand Neto Inventory to make it easier to manage your inventory from a single view allowing you to find savings and improve efficiencies.
The Inventory roadmap is also currently being prioritised based on user submitted ideas, customer interviews and workshops, with the top two priorities being:
- Supporting purchase order and stocktake scanning.
- Increasing stock take and purchase order order line limit.
Thanks to everyone who submitted ideas and suggestions; we encourage you to continue to do so to help bring the best ideas forward.
Managed Checkout and Payments
Neto Managed Checkout is Neto's default checkout which provides easy access to up-to-date payment methods such as eWAY, Stripe and Braintree, ZipPay and AfterPay. We will be focussing on:
- Adding features that allow you to apply modern checkout design best practices to improve conversions and basket sizes.
- Adding various usability and feature improvements to our key payment methods.
- Rolling out new features like the ability to easily add, remove, rename and rearrange custom fields on managed checkout so that you can tailor your customer's journey.
I sincerely hope updates like these are useful for your business planning and strongly encourage you to continue collaborating with the Neto team.
If you would like to share your ideas please submit them via our Ideas Portal.