Maropost Marketing Cloud Inc., (hereinafter, “Maropost“), takes copyright very seriously. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://www.copyright.gov/), Maropost has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on websites hosted on Maropost servers. Our response to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA [Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A)] may include removal of or blocked access to the material named in the infringement notification.
In compliance with DMCA, we have established a procedure to process DMCA notices submitted to us via email ([email protected]). The DMCA is a vital set of laws in today’s online world, and one that we have had to rely on to protect our rights and content in the past, so we clearly understand and respect its importance.
If you believe that Maropost web properties are infringing on any of your content, please contact us below. We review all DMCA complaints within three (3) business days and will contact you once we have reviewed the complaint and removed the offending content. Before contacting us, please note that most of the material used on this site falls under the “Fair Use” guidelines under US Copyright Law. Fair Use covers the use of copyrighted materials for commentary, criticism, and news reporting among others.
If you believe that content, we or a client is using is infringing on your rights under the DMCA and does not qualify as Fair Use as defined by United States law, then please contact us and we will review your request within three (3) business days.
By filling out and submitting the form below, you certify that you are the individual whose rights are being infringed, or someone who has been legally authorized to represent the individual or entity whose rights are being infringed. Submitting this document constitutes a legal document with a legal digital signature, and this will be reviewed by our legal staff. Please note that submission of a false DMCA Takedown Notice can result in civil liability.
If we remove or block access to comply with the DMCA, we will make a good-faith effort to notify the contact person of the affected site so that they may make a counter notification [Title 17, United States Code, Sections 512(g)(2) and (3)].
The fastest way for us to process your notification of claimed infringement is via the process below. The slower method to reach our designated agent and for processing is to send a proper and complete notification of claimed infringement to the mailing address listed below.
THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT A GENERAL CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS! THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR COPYRIGHT INQUIRIES ONLY! ANY OTHER INQUIRIES SUBMITTED BY THIS METHOD WILL BE IGNORED.
Your written Notification of Claimed Infringement must contain the following items to comply with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A):
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Maropost to locate the material. Providing URLs for the location of the allegedly infringing material or activity is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Maropost to contact you, the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you, the complaining party, have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification of claimed infringement is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you, the complaining party, are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
To ensure a prompt response, include all the above information (preferably in a numbered list as above).
To file a notice of infringement with Maropost, you must provide written communication to our designated agent:
ATTN: Copyright Agent
180 University, Suite 5002
Toronto, ON, M5H 0A
Email: [email protected]
Please note: If you materially misrepresent that online material, a product or activity is infringing your copyrights, you will be liable for damages (including court costs and attorneys' fees) and could be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Maropost has adopted a policy to disable and/or terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of users who are found to repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights of others. As part of implementing such policy, Maropost may in its sole discretion suspend, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who have been identified as engaging in infringing activities or for other related reasons.