Online commerce is becoming more essential as the world changes rapidly and Australians need remote access to essentials. eBay Australia is continuing to evolve the platform to provide sellers with tools for growth and give buyers a great purchase and post-purchase experience.
An eBay Plus badge on your listings helps you stand out on eBay by letting buyers know you deliver a great shopping experience. According to eBay data, listings with an eBay Plus badge see up to 16% more sales than those without.
eBay Plus provides buyers with:
- Free Delivery on eBay Plus items
- Free Returns on eBay Plus items
- 5% off and Free Delivery over $49 with Coles on eBay
- Exclusive Deals & Discounts
How to make your listings eligible for eBay Plus:
- Above Standard or eBay Top Rated
- Compliant with our selling policies
- Item location and return address in Australia
- Fixed-price format
- Item isn’t heavy or bulky
- Free domestic postage**
- No additional postage charge for multiple items
- Accept 30-day+ returns
- Offer 0-1 day handling time
- Have an express postage option**
eBay Plus members in metro areas will be automatically upgraded to free express delivery on eBay Plus listings. To support sellers who are providing this top level of service, eBay will fund up to $4*** of the express postage upgrade cost on these orders. We'll apply the contribution automatically at the point of transaction, and for a lot of sellers this will cover the cost of the express upgrade.
**Free postage nationwide within Australia. You may exclude zones if your carrier doesn’t deliver there.
***eBay's maximum contribution is $4. For example. if you're charging $2 for the express upgrade, we will cover $2. If you're charging $7, we will cover $4.
Item specifics such as brand, make, size, colour and style are key to helping shoppers find your items on eBay. The more data you provide about what you’re selling, the better eBay can match your item with buyers in search:
- “Required” item specifics are necessary to successfully launch your listing.
- “Recommended” item specifics help your listings be found easier by buyers based on their frequently searched terms.
Why Item Specifics Matter
- Increased Search Visibility: Your listing will only appear in buyers’ filtered search results if you’ve added the matching item specific information to your listing.
- Improved Search Ranking: Item specifics move your listings higher in search results, both on eBay and the other search engines we work with, like Google Shopping.
- Connecting with the Right Buyers: When you provide item specifics, we can better connect you with buyers searching for your products.
- Inclusion in New Buyer Experiences: By listing with Item specifics, your listings are included in new buyer experiences on the platform, so we can showcase similar items together, cross-sell, and suggest relevant inventory to buyers.
eBay Growth Tools
eBay has a number of growth tools available through the eBay seller hub to help sellers increase their sales
Promoted Listings is a tool to help your items stand out among millions of listings on eBay. By setting an ad rate and boosting your listings to prime placements, you can reach more of the right buyers at the right time.
- Better visibility: Your items are more likely to sell when more buyers see them.
- Only pay when you sell: We’ll only charge your chosen ad rate when a buyer clicks on your promoted listing and buys that item within 30 days.
- Guidance at every step: eBay suggests which items to promote and for how much.
- Detailed reporting: Access detailed campaign metrics and sales reports to monitor performance and fine-tune your campaigns.
Promoted Listings is available to eBay sellers in good standing with an established sales history, for fixed-price, single or multi-quantity listings in select categories.
Promotions Manager provides eBay Store subscribers with an easy way to set up special offers on eBay. Promotions can help you attract more buyers, clear old stock, increase average order size, and even lower postage costs by bundling more items per order.
You can set up five different types of special offers using Promotions Manager:
- Order discounts – Offer discounts based on order size, or the amount spent by a buyer. You can also create promotions such as a percentage off an additional item, or buy one get one free
- Codeless vouchers – Offer exclusive discounts to buyer groups of your choosing by using a virtual voucher
- Promotional postage – Offer cheaper postage on items that qualify for your offer
- Sales events – Reduce prices for selected items or categories
- Volume price discounts – Offer tiered discounts to buyers who purchase multiple quantities of a single item
Terapeak, an exclusive eBay insights tool, is an effective way to research what your competitors are doing, how they’re doing it, and how you can improve your own listings on eBay. Terapeak uses recent eBay supply, demand, and pricing data to help you determine what to sell, when to sell it, and at what price.
Research recent marketplace price trends and real-world sales data for millions of items to optimise your listings and improve your sales velocity. Analyse markets, categories, competition, and hot trends and products to find the best-selling items on eBay.
With Terapeak you can:
- See how products and categories are performing across all eBay marketplaces.
- View clear, easy-to-understand statistics, graphs and charts.
- Get an overview of which products and categories are popular, successful strategies for attracting buyers and potential areas to improve.
- Search by keyword or product and use the filters to get the information you want.
Terapeak gives you access to years of sales data for millions of items, including:
- The number of listings and items sold for particular items
- Average sales prices
- The conditions of items sold
- Sell-through rates
- Average shipping costs and the number of listings offering free shipping
- Seller and buyer locations
- Sales trends over time
- Unsold inventory
- Which listing formats sellers are using
Terapeak is available to all sellers with an eBay Store subscription on eBay.com.au.